Saturday, March 5, 2011

Blender Mania: Smoothie #5

Green Grape, Banana, and Orange Fruit Smoothie
1 cup frozen green grapes
1 banana, broken into a few chunks
juice and pulp of one orange
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon honey

Blend in a blender, pour into a glass, enjoy!

Green grapes were on sale yesterday.  Husband said they must have been on sale since they tasted a little old... NO good!  My new mantra:  No fruit will go bad in THIS house!  Before I went to bed, I removed the grapes from the stems, rinsed them, rolled them around on a towel to dry them, popped them into a zip close bag, and then tucked them into the freezer.  This smoothie was not as thick as the other smoothies I've been making, probably due to the addition of the fresh orange juice and pulp.  But it was very good.  I thought the grape skins might be weird in the smoothie, but the texture was good. Good news... I have enough frozen grape to make this smoothie again! 


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

FUN! I don't think I've ever put grapes in a smoothie???...I wonder why...it's a great idea...