Saturday, December 8, 2012

French Onion Chicken

French Onion Chicken
  



I love this recipe.  It's not my original idea but I have tweaked the recipe a bit and want to keep track of my recipes here, so here goes.

My family likes this recipe but it turns out we all like the chicken cold the next day better than fresh out of the oven.  This works for me since I like to cook ahead for the week where I can and I like the boys at home to have something easy to eat when I am at work.


French Onion Chicken

3 large chicken breasts
1 6-ounce container French's Fried Onions
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
1/3 cup all purpose flour
approx. 1/4 teaspoon paprika, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with PAM.

You will need three shallow dishes to set up your dredging station (I use large dinner plates, pie tins, or round cake pans).

Put French's Fried Onions in a gallon sized zip close bag and mash up with a rolling pin. Empty bag into a shallow dish.

In a small bowl, beat the egg and water with a fork; pour into a shallow dish.

In a shallow dish, combine flour and approximately 1/4 teaspoon salt, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder; combine with a fork.

Cut each chicken breast into 3 equal sized places.  Season both sides of chicken with a little salt and pepper. 

Dip each piece of chicken first into the flour mixture (tap off excess flour)...
then into the egg mixture...
and finally into the crushed fried onion, rolling to coat evenly.

Place each coated piece into the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.  There is no need to turn the chicken during baking.

Enjoy!





No comments: