Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blueberry Coffee Cake: From Starbucks


I received this cookbook as a Christmas gift from my Mom and Dad years ago. All the recipes look great and they all go good with coffee.  After all, it is a cookbook from Starbucks!  This morning, I whipped up this Blueberry Coffee Cake.  I used blueberries I had frozen this past summer when blueberries were on sale.  



Looks mighty tasty with all those delicious blueberries in there!


Blueberry Coffee Cake... I was feeling lazy, so I snapped photos of the recipe to save me some typing.  I did make just two small changes to this recipe.  I had no mace on hand so I grated in some nutmeg.  I also used my Microplane grater to added the zest of one fresh lemon to the batter.








A note in the cookbook indicates fresh or frozen raspberries can be used in place of blueberries.

Enjoy with coffee!  I had my coffee cake with coffee from Seattle's Best... I hope the folks at Starbucks don't mind...

No comments: