Thursday, March 14, 2013

Whole Wheat Yogurt Pancakes with Raspberries





Whole Wheat Yogurt Pancakes with Raspberries


I have Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (WWPF) in my pantry at all times.  I use it in lots of recipes... bread, cookies, muffins, I've even used it to thicken soup when I've run out of all purpose flour and no one noticed.  To me it's like a cross between whole wheat flour and all purpose flour and that makes me feel a bit better about eating baked things.  As I was pouring my WWPF into another container a few weeks ago, I couldn't help but notice all the great looking recipes printed on the bag.  Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Chocolate Chip and Oat Cookies, and Whole Wheat Pancakes with Yogurt and Blueberries. I cut out the recipes before throwing the bag away.
  
 
 
I made few changes to the recipe.  As you can see, I substituted frozen raspberries for the blueberries. I was worried the raspberries were too big;  since they were frozen, I easily "crumbled" them into smaller bits with my thumb and fingers.  They worked beautifully in the pancake batter.  I used just a few hand fulls of frozen berries... maybe a 1/2 to 3/4 cup raspberries left over from the berries I bought for my husband's raspberry sorbet.




Being the lazy blogger that I am, I snapped a photo of the recipe for you.  I also added a pinch of kosher salt to the dry ingredients and I stirred the frozen raspberry bits into the batter before spooning the batter onto the hot griddle.

These pancakes are just delicious!  They were great with maple syrup but they are even better with a little peanut butter and maple syrup.

No comments: