Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend Cooking


I have never used these noodles before today.  Do you use them?  I can see they would be good in lots of recipes. I was thinking they would be good with Swedish  Meatballs, Tuna Casserole, and lots of other dishes. 

Today I used these "No Yolks" noodles in a recipe called Sour Cream Noodle Bake from The Pioneer Woman. Hubby and I liked it and I'll definitely make it again. It is unlike anything else we have in our rotation of meals. I had seconds and my husband went back for thirds!!  The Pioneer Woman's recipes never disappoint.  I made this recipe because when I was watching The Pioneer Woman show on TV, my husband said, "That looks good!" 

Sour Cream Noodle Bake from The Pioneer Woman
Recipe link is here.

 
As I was doing the dishes I realized I did not take a photo of the finished dish.  Sorry about that. We really enjoyed the leftovers from this recipe; the leftovers reheated really well in the microwave. I was hoping to bring the leftovers to work for my lunches but the leftovers are all gone. Boo Hoo! 

I am also planning to try two other new recipes this week. Here are the links:

http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2012/05/cool-ranch-crockpot-chicken-tacos-or-tostadas.html

http://crockpotladies.com/recipe-categories/entrees/crockpot-hot-stromboli-sandwiches/

No comments: