Monday, July 25, 2016

Strawberry Overnight Oats (21 Day Fix)


Strawberry Overnight Oats


I used to make overnight oats years ago and I got out of the habit.  I made it so frequently, I even had the proportions written on a sticky "Post It Note" inside one of my kitchen cabinets.  In keeping with my new and improved "21 Day Fix" healthy eating plan, I tweaked the recipe a bit today so that the portions fit in with the 21 Day Fix Eating Plan.  

The information in the ( ) are for folks following the 21 Day Fix Eating Plan but I've included standard measurements so anyone can enjoy this recipe.  Of course, you can switch up the fruit in this recipe, but tomorrow morning... I am enjoying Strawberry Overnight Oats!




Strawberry Overnight Oats
Serves 2

1/2 cup rolled oats (1 yellow container, but counts as 2 yellow containers since the oats are uncooked)
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
2/3 cup plain low fat yogurt (1 red container)
1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons chia seeds (1 orange container)
2 to 2 1/2 cups of sliced/diced strawberries (2 purple containers)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Spoon into pretty glasses or plastic storage containers. Refrigerate overnight. Serve cold. 

21 Day Fix portions:
1 yellow (carbohydrate)
1/2 red (protein)
1/2 orange (seeds/nuts)
1 purple (fruits and berries)


My glasses don't have lids, so I cover the glasses with a little plastic wrap and secure it with a rubber band. I know... So fancy, right!?!?


Notes from this morning:  I had this for breakfast this morning. In the first trial run of this recipe, I used only 1/2 the amount of strawberries. I was tempted to add a little more honey to my cup, but I refrained. So when I made this recipe again today, I doubled the amount of strawberries to make it a bit sweeter. The recipe above reflects this change. 
This recipe would be great with a combination of blueberries and strawberries, but strawberries were on sale this week. Feel free to use what fruits you like, and of course, add more honey if your heart desires!  Enjoy!!!

No comments: