Sunday, July 24, 2016

Watermelon, Arugula, and Feta Salad (21 Day Fix Friendly)


Watermelon, Arugula, and Feta Salad
This is definitely another great recipe to help you beat the heat!  It's very HOT here in Southern Colorado.  Most days are in the high 90's.  We hope for afternoon thundershowers to cool things off a bit.


This salad could not be more simple!  A few handfuls of pre-washed baby arugula, a few sliced red onions, a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, and a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.  Add a few pinches of kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper, too.


Top it with about a cup of cubed watermelon and about 1 heaping tablespoon of crumbled feta cheese.


I did not measure any of my ingredients except for the vinegar and oil.  This was a delicious lunch.  I planned to have this salad with a Smoky Turkey Burger, but the salad filled me up.  More about those Smoky Turkey Burgers VERY SOON. 

I wish I could take credit for the salad recipe above. I found this recipe on the blog called Skinnytaste.  Here is the recipe link.  If you've been following along, you know I've been on a healthy eating and exercise plan called "21 Day Fix".  As always, find a lot of recipe inspiration all over the internet and I am finally getting the confidence to try to adapt the recipes so they fit in with the 21 Day Fix eating plan.  I am having a LOT of fun creating new recipes and am so glad to be sharing them here. 

No comments: