Dill Pickle Brined Chicken
I had a feeling Zach would like this recipe. He loves to eat dill pickle flavored sunflower seeds and dill pickle flavored potato chips. This recipe is great for a beginner cook.
The recipe calls for chicken tenders which are more expensive per pound than chicken breasts. I used three chicken breasts and cut each breast into three similar sized/shaped strips.
Dill Pickle Brined Chicken Strips
- 1 & 1/4 lbs chicken tenders or 1 & 1/4 pounds chicken breasts (boneless/skinless) cut into equal sized strips
- 1cup pickle juice (enough to cover the chicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko
- cooking spray
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl and cover with pickle juice (enough to cover completely). Alternatively, you can marinate the chicken in a gallon sized zip closed plastic bag. Marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours. After 8 hours, drain and dry the chicken completely on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large baking sheet with generously with oil.
- Combine egg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and panko.
- Dip chicken in the egg wash, then into the breadcrumb mixture and shake off excess.
- Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and spray the top generously. Bake in the lower third of the oven until the bottom is golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and bake 6 minutes, until golden.
Zach said the chicken is really good and flavorful.