Friday, May 19, 2017

Oatmeal with Peanut Butter, Banana, and Honey

 

Oatmeal with Peanut Butter, Banana, and Honey


What a delicious combination!  I would have never thought to put peanut butter in my oatmeal until I saw a friend having her oatmeal this way. I finally tried it; it's delicious!

We traveled to Des Moines, Iowa, recently to visit family and we stayed in a hotel while there.  The room came with free breakfast and you never really know what you are going to find when you get free breakfast at a hotel, right?  Bagels, toast, yogurt, muffins... and sometimes bacon and eggs simmering over some sort of steamy contraption... and you never quite know how long the bacon and eggs have been there.  I was feeling pretty lucky when I found our hotel breakfast featured four kinds of fresh fruit all sliced up, as well as a big bowl full of apples, oranges, and bananas, each morning.  I also found plain packets of instant oats, honey, and peanut butter.  Score!

For my hotel breakfast, I made up the instant oats with some hot water, added in a bit of peanut butter, sliced up some fresh banana to put on top, and then drizzled a little honey over it all for a touch of sweetness.  And it was great!  It's such a nice combination that I've made it at home a few times since we returned from our trip to Iowa.  At home, I have also been sprinkling some chia seeds into my oatmeal.




No comments: