Thursday, May 25, 2017

The BEST Balsamic Vinaigrette


The BEST Balsamic Vinaigrette


I realize I am not going to win any prizes for photography when it comes to the two photos above, but this Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe is a winner. I found this recipe on line on a blog called "Barefeet in the Kitchen".  I did not read the instructions really thoroughly; the recipe suggests you should whisk this dressing or shake it up in a jar.  The recipe also cautions that this dressing will be really thick if you make it in a blender.  I made it in the blender and it is the thickest dressing I've ever seen.  I've contemplated adding a touch of water to thin it out a bit but haven't tried that yet.  

I have been making kale salads in small plastic tubs.  To dress the greens, I just add the dressing to the salad, top it with the plastic lid, and shake it like crazy to move the dressing around.  It's been working like a charm.

I had this Balsamic Vinaigrette with a salad made of kale, hard boiled egg, turkey bacon, and feta cheese.  Super good.  I have also had this Balsamic Vinaigrette with kale, cottage cheese, and strawberries.  Also very good. 

I am glad to have found this recipe. I am sure I will make this recipe over and over.  It's nice to make your own salad dressings; that way you know exactly what ingredients are in your dressing.

The BEST Balsamic Vinaigrette
From Barefeet in the Kitchen
Link:  http://barefeetinthekitchen.com/best-balsamic-vinaigrette/

2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic.  Add the oil and whisk thoroughly emulsified.

Store in a jar with a lid and refrigerate.  Shake well before serving.