Saturday, November 11, 2017

Flourless Pumpkin Blender Muffins with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts



Flourless Pumpkin Blender Muffins with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts

I've made a lot of blender muffins in the past year or so and this one is probably my favorite. I tweaked the recipe just a tad and I love these muffins.  The recipe source is a blog called "Making Thyme for Health".  I think I may have made these muffins once before, but I added raisins and walnuts.  I guess my only changes this time around were (1) using extra virgin olive oil instead of the recommended peanut butter or coconut oil, (2) using plain almond milk instead of vanilla flavored almond milk, and (3) adding walnuts along with the chocolate chips.  


RECIPE SOURCE:

http://makingthymeforhealth.com/healthy-flourless-pumpkin-muffins/

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons evoo
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 2 and 1/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 

DIRECTIONS:


Preheat the oven to 350°F and then grease or line a muffin tin for 12 muffins.
Starting with the wet ingredients first (pumpkin, maple syrup, eggs, etc.) layer everything except the chocolate chips and walnuts into a blender or a food processor; blend until smooth.
Using a spoon, gently stir the chocolate chips and walnuts into the batter. Pour the batter into the muffin tin, filling each about 3/4th of the way full. Bake in the oven for 22 minutes, until light golden brown.
Allow to to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before stuffing in your face.
I am sure these probably freeze well like the other blender muffins I've made but these are all gone. I took some to the knit shop to share with my friends and I ate the rest! 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These Are delicious and the flour-less-ness makes them less heavy than a lot of baked goods. I am making them for the third time today.