Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Protein Pancakes



Protein Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancakes

I saw this recipe on Facebook just the other day and decided to try this for breakfast today.  These are pancakes made with oatmeal, eggs, cottage cheese, and a few other items you likely have lurking in your pantry.  I made the batter in my Ninja Blender and had my pancakes cooked up in a jiffy.  My description of these pancakes is a cross between French toast and pancakes.  These pancakes are denser than your ordinary pancakes and "eggy" in the same way that French toast is eggy.  The photo above makes me want to go eat up my leftover pancakes right now. Yum!




NOTE:  I made a few modifications to the recipe.  I omitted the honey, forgot the vanilla extract, used old fashioned (rolled) oats in place of instant oats, and used two eggs in place of the suggested four egg whites.  I had my pancakes with peanut butter and maple syrup but I have some berries thawing out for tomorrow's breakfast.

Original recipe:  www.daisybrand.com

There are a lot of great looking recipes on the Daisy Brand website.  I think I will try some more of their recipes in the near future.

No comments: