Sunday, June 3, 2018

Bob's Red Mill: Tasty Vegi Soup





Bob's Red Mill: Tasty Vegi Soup



I got this Bob's Red Mill Vegi Soup Mix in Milwaukie, Oregon, when I visited Bob's Red Mill Store and Restaurant back in May.  The soup was super easy to make.  There are two recipes on the back of the soup and I sort of combined ideas from both recipes.  I was going to make a version of the soup where you puree the soup in a blender and add milk at the end, but when I sampled the soup before blending, I decided I liked the texture of all the legumes and grains.



Vegi Soup

1 cup Bob's Red Mill Vegi Soup Mix
3 cups chicken broth
about 1 1/2 cups diced baby carrots
about 4 stalks of celery, diced
1 small sweet onion, diced
1 1/2 to 2 cups water

Simmer the Bob's Red Mill Vegi Soup Mix and 3 cups broth for 30 minutes (keep lid on the pot while simmering but stir occasionally).  Add in the diced veggies and about 1 1/2 to 2 cups water.  Simmer for an additional 30 minutes or until all ingredients are soft.  Season with salt and pepper as desired.  Since I used chicken broth which was not reduced sodium, I did not feel the need to add any additional salt.



Here are some photos of the Bob's Red Mill Store and Restaurant.  If I lived near this store, I would shop here a lot. We also had brunch at the restaurant.  My mom and I both had quinoa bowls and my dad had a breakfast burrito.

I do find a lot of Bob's Red Mill brand products at stores in Colorado, but it's also good to know you can buy so many of their products on line.  I enjoyed trying out this soup mix; I would have probably never stumbled across this particular product unless I had seen it at the Bob's Red Mill store.  I will probably be able to make this soup two or three more times from the package I have.  That's great because I really like it and it's so easy to make!




















1 comment:

affectioknit said...

We've had that soup before...and what an interesting store...I'd shop there too...

~Have a lovely day!